Welcome to the War for the Overworld Bug Tracker! It is our goal to help you get the most out of your copy of War for the Overworld, to that end we try to resolve issues and release patches in a reasonable time frame.
To best help us resolve your issue swiftly please read the following before reporting an issue:
- Bug Report Guidelines
- General Crash Troubleshooting & Startup Crash Solutions
- Related Knowledge base articles
Recently bought a new Surface Book 3 to get more out of this game but it refuses to get past the splash screen. Splash screen will disappear and shortly after so will the taskbar icon.
Surface Book 3 13.5"
OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
CPU: Intel Core i7 10th Gen
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with Max-Q Design
I've seen you need an output log sometimes so here it is:
I recently purchased the ultimate edition on Steam and every time I try to start the game it crashes before I even reach a menu. I have tried disabling anti-virus and un/reinstalling the game and as far I can tell my computer is up to specs. How do I ensure the game will launch? (am using a surface pro 7 if that helps) I really don't want to return it as I am dead excited to play.
OS Windows 10 Enterprise 64Bit German
16 GB Ram (6GB Shared with GPU
Intel Iris Plus G7 GPU
I installed the Game from Steam.
As agreed with Noontide on Discord here is the Ticket.
It is this Issue:
If I'm not mistaken it should present as follows:
1. You launch the game from Steam
2. The splash screen appears
3. For a brief moment WFTOGame.exe appears on your task bar
4. It then disappears with no error message
If I can help by providing Information just tell me.
Fresh install, finally wanted to get around to playing this game but it's crashing right after the splashscreen appears (no error message or notification, the process just ends). I've followed troubleshooting guides but haven't had any luck. I've attached my logs (there is no zip file). output_log.txt
- Specify your platform - Surface Pro 7 (i5 258GB
- OS - Windows 10 64bit
- Ram - 8GB
- CPU - i5-1035G4
- GPU - Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics
- Specify the build you are using (there will be a timestamp visible on the main menu)
- Cannot tell, cannot get to main menu. 4/7/2020 version
- Include as much information as possible (what map you were on, screenshots, videos, etc)
- Launched game via steam, splash screen comes up, disappears, then nothing happens.
- Include an output log, crash report or launcher log as required (see below for info)
- Specify any troubleshooting steps you've already undertaken
- Found and looked through output log
- Checked M$ VC redistro 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 are installed
- Checked .NET 4.0 x64 is installed.
- Tried to install .NET Framework 4.5.2 suggested in another thread but could not, ".NET Framework 4.5.2 or a later update is already installed on this computer."
- Checked required specs. Surface Pro 7 gfx card only has onboard RAM of 128MB. Tested on another laptop that also has only 128MB onboard RAM on gfx card, runs just fine.
- Search the Bug Tracker for any similar or identical open reports, if one exists comment there instead of opening a new ticket
- Did that.
Whenever I start the game, the splash screen appears like normal (WFTO.exe starts), then goes away, and WFTOGame.exe starts. The game crashes before a black screen. I don't own a wire-less headset, so that mustn't be the issue.
Customer support service by UserEcho