Just bought the game in the Steam Summer Sale, downloaded and tried to play, but all I get every time is the logo and the following error:
Failed to launch the game!
Tried to launch D:\SteamLibraryD\steamapps\common\War For The Overworld\WFTOGame.exe
I've looked around on the forums and tried the following solutions, none of which worked:
1. verifying game cache
2. delete game + install game
3. run it administrator
4. run both .exe in win 7 compatibility
5. tried to install net framework 4.5.2 but it appears I have a newer version already
6. I don't have a USB speakers or headset or anything, so that's not causing the issue.
7. I added the exception to my AVG
8. Tried running the exe file directly, resulting in a black screen only
9. I thought it might be caused because I run a proxy, so I disabled that, but still no joy.
PC Specs are below, logs in the attachments.
OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063
CPU: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: NVIDA GeForce GTX 980
Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
Customer support service by UserEcho